- Wuzhou, Suzhou and Chengdu from "The Fabulous Story of Li Jie"
- The Fabulous Story of Li Jie
- Buddha's Time-Traveler - Singleplayer Campaign
- The Tea Kingdom
- Grand Forbidden City II
- The Shattered Spears of Samhan - Singleplayer Campaign
- Exiles of Yu
- Hand of the Tubo 2 by Pikestaff
- Chang-an, The Silk Road Opens
- Yangzhou, The Grand Canal
- Kaifeng, The Luxuries of Kaifeng
- Luoyang, The Eastern Capital
- Juyongguan, The Mongols Are Coming
- Zhongdu, Genghis at Zhongdu
- Luoyang, Budding of Buddhism
- Jiaozhou, a jungle valley in ancient Laos along the Mekong River.
- The Lost Treasure of Nanyue - Singleplayer Campaign
- Xingshan "Star Mountain", for Open Play
- The Legend of Xingshan - Singleplayer Campaign
- The Tale of Tongguan - Singleplayer Campaign
Buddha's Time-Traveler - Singleplayer Campaign
Emperor Tang Wuzong's persecution of Buddhism in the mid 9th century CE was a tragic event that cost many lives and destroyed many Buddhist monasteries and temples. Yet somehow the religion survived the years of Wuzong's reign, and after his death Buddhism once again thrived in the Middle Kingdom.
|# of Episodes:
|# of Cities:
Wuzong's historic persecution of Buddhism provides the background for a new, original tale of the further adventures of Sun Wu Kong, aka "The Monkey King". Great Buddha's Eye has seen into the future. The upcoming years of the persecution of his followers weighs heavy on his soul. Some must be saved! He has ordered his servant, the miscreant Monkey King, to lend aid to a young monk preparing to establish a new monastery. Will Sun Wu Kong be able to lend assistance without breaking Buddha's rules?
This campaign includes five missions and a player will interact with 12 cities (9 historically accurate). Due to the unique design of this campaign, resources, commodities, and available structures follow the Emperor models for both the steel age and the bronze age.
Two new custom maps of 'large' size and temperate climate was created for this campaign.
An extra file is included in this download. It is a text file named 'BTT_Readme.txt', and contains installation instructions, background information, campaign design notes, general play tips, and mission hints (warning: contains spoilers). Additionally, other hints are available by viewing the album of playtest screenshots in the Emperor Heaven gallery.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This campaign is rated 'normal' and will provide a difficulty level similar to the campaigns in the core game.
Missions Teasers: (Note - missions two and four have time limits, but they are not too stressful!)
Mission 1 - Sun Wu Kong's Plan - begins in 817 CE
Mission 2 - Voyage Into the Past - begins in 1170 BCE
Mission 3 - Buddha's Time-Traveler - begins in 830 CE
Mission 4 - Ancient Arms for Future Hands - begins in 1156 BCE
Mission 5 - The Valiant Monks of the Monkey King - begins in 841 CE
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
Very intuitive, a easy way to place farms, house blocks etc.
Campaign rated "normal" and it is, player has time to breathe and have a lot of fun !
I love the idea of 2 maps in 2 different eras !
Map Design: 5
A pleasant map ! I like the way you place cliffs and little streams
As usual, a beautifull story and all the instructions are here to guide the player
More campaigns from Gweilo2 please !
frut_mut, thank you very much for the review.
Here were my main goals while building this campaign, and I have listed them in order of importance to me:
1. Test how the game engine behaved when missions jumped back and forth between the steel age and bronze age. As expected, I did find some odd behavior (e.g., bronzeware/lacquerware transition) that forced me to make some design adjustments.
2. Offer a player interaction with entirely different sets of rival cities on what appears as two different empire maps, set in two different ages. I achieved this by sleight-of-hand scripting to make the cities disappear and reappear between the missions.
3. Deliver a campaign tuned for the "normal" difficulty category.
4. Offer a player the opportunity to build both a traditional "secular" city and a "monastery model" city, each on two similar maps.
5. Write a new, original adventure starring Sun Wu Kong, who I had not featured in a campaign in many years. (Side note: the industry rumors are still true, he has great talent but can be difficult to work with!)
6. Provide a player with the choice to fight or bribe invasions, as suits their playing style.
Happy gaming to everyone!
[Edited on 11/16/21 @ 02:07 PM]