Glyphy for Emperor
The Emperor Heaven Housing Layout builder script.
This script is adapted from the original Glyphy 1.1 by Crassus Pauper, a ‘lost’ Caesar 3 forum regular.
How does it work?
- Type in the items in the Character-Input text area
- Click on the button labeled “Local Dir”
- Click on the button labeled “Image”
- See Legend for all supported glyphs and the assigned characters. Note the image directory must be set to Local Dir.
- If you want to save your work, cut and paste your character input into a text file
- The script scans from top/left to bottom/right, therefore the following two inputs will produce the same output:
How do I get it into the forum?
- Click on the Forum Directory button (“Forum-Dir”)
- Generate HTML-Code with HTML-Code
- Cut the code from the Code-Output text area ([CTRL]+[A] then [CTRL]+[C]) and paste it into your post ([Ctrl]+[V]).
- City walls (‘t’) will form a real looking wall even while it seems only one glyph is used. The same holds true for residential walls (‘-‘). Gates need to be handled seperately, the script will not add a gate when a wall crosses a road..
- Irrigation ditches (‘_’) use the same algorithm as walls. The little bridge is not there and should be represented by a plain road tile.
- Bridges should be made using city walls (‘t’).
- All water facing buildings (ferries, fisheries, wharvers, etc) will, by default, face East or South. Other directions can be obtained by changing the last letter on the GIF: s – South, w – West, n – North, e – East.
- The size is restricted to 40 rows by 50 columns